Ways to Donate
Thank you for considering a donation to Write Around Portland! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to respect, writing, and community.
Our tax ID or EIN number is 84-1482706.
Our address is:
133 SW 2nd Ave. Suite 304
Portland, OR, 97224
Checks can be made payable to: Write Around Portland
Questions? Interested in Other Options?
Chris McDonald (he/him), Executive Director
email@example.com | 503-796-9224
Our Commitment to Donors and Funders
- We know that every gift makes our program possible. We believe that every donor, regardless of their giving level, plays an important role in our organization.
- We believe that asking for donations means we are giving people the opportunity to do something that feels good to them. We respectfully and appropriately extend that opportunity to everyone. It is our job to extend the opportunity and trust that individuals will make the decisions that are best for them. We honor their decisions.
- We thank donors promptly and as personally as possible, regardless of giving level. We don’t take supporters for granted.
- We share participants’ writing with donors and funders or find other ways to show them the impacts of their donations and funding.
- We honor donor requests (e.g. requests for anonymity, no solicitations, no emails, etc.).
- To deepen our relationships with donors and to model that everyone has a role in development and fundraising, we engage donors in requesting other donations: at readings, house parties, Inkwell campaigns, event donations, etc.
- We base our strategy and decision-making on what is best for our organization and our community as a whole. We do not make decisions about our work and programming solely at the request of a funder. We treat donors and funders as partners, and this means that we are transparent and, if needed, we have difficult conversations.
- We are mutually supportive of other non-profit organizations. We share information about funding sources. We believe our mission is essential and is part of the collective community; supporting each other and our common goals in community supports our vision to build a more respectful and humane world.
- We aim to keep communications with donors transformational, not transactional.
- We strive to share information with donors about economic justice.